MEMORIAL RUN DETAILS
RULES OF THE RACE
First time racing? Raced lots? This is for everyone:
- Parking, race bib, race route, arrive early
- Check the weather and dress 10 degrees warmer
- Pin race number flat in front so timekeepers can see your number
- Leave extra stuff in your race bag
- Listen to announcements and make sure everyone can hear
- Plan time to have a washroom break, (everyone else is nervous too!)
- Please do not litter
- Choose your warm up carefully and watch out for others
- Line up correctly, Line up by pace. Experience runners at the front near the starting line. Slower runners and walkers, children and strollers need to line up toward the back of the pack. This way everyone is safer and happier!
- Follow the Run Marshal’s trail and have fun
DURING THE RACE
- Bring friends to cheer you on
- At a water station try to catch the eye of the person handing you the cup of water it keeps them steady and keeps you dry
- Listen to the marshal’s they are there to keep you safe
- Thank the volunteers whenever you can
- At the finish line look spry so you look great for your picture!
AFTER THE RACE
- When you receive your medal thank the volunteers who have given their time to make this day so successful.
- A few words of kindness can make their day!
- Enjoy the finish line refreshments!
- Stay and cheer for others and enjoy the event and meet a few more people!
for helping the bursary and future paving path in Unity!